HONORS & AWARDS
The Culture C.O.-O.P. has received several awards for its work in the local community and beyond. Listed below is a small sampling of the numerous honors we have received.
- Youth on the Move Inc. (YOMI), International Educators’ Hall of Fame the Culture C.O.-O.P's founder Sandy Holman was inducted into this hall of fame for her numerous contributions to the community throughout her career.
- Congressman John Garamendi Women of the Year, awarded to Sandy L. Holman for her work as a cultural competency educator and mentor, as well as her contributions to the community.
- UC Davis Chancellor's Achievement Award for Diversity and Community, an award which "... recognizes students, staff, and community members for substantial contributions to our increasingly diverse and evolving world."
- UC Davis Calvin E. Handy Leadership Award, awarded for leadership in equity and diversity both locally and nationwide.
- Blackboard Children's Book of the Year, an annual honor for those contributing to notable children's literature.
- First Place, Book Award in Children/ Young Adult genre from Writer's Digest, a national award for books by independent publishers.
- Skipping Stones Honor Award, from Skipping Stones Magazine for promoting multicultural children's literature.
- The Yolo County Concilio Coummnity Award, Concilio Award Flyer
- J.C. Penney Golden Rule Award, presented by former California First Lady Gayle Wilson to the parents' group organized by Sandy Holman.
- The Vanguard Award, given to Sandy Holman by the Davis Vanguard for the Culture C.O.-O.P's work in legal reform and social justice.
- "SHARING LOVE, POWER AND RESOURCES" CLICK HERE